On May 3rd, UNEXMIN consortium members visited the Deep Ecton mine, one of the copper mines located in Ecton Hill, Staffordshire (near Manchester), UK. Deep Ecton will be the last and most technologically challenging test site (from a total of four) for the UX-1 multi-platform robots surveying work. The Ecton Mine produced predominantly copper with […]
About Luis Lopes
Luís is a Portugese geologist with an educational background and interest in Earth Sciences, mainly: Minerology, Petrology, Geochemistry and Geological Resources. Luís always strives to learn more and likes teaching others what he knows on many topics such as Science, History and Literature.
He is a Project Manager at La Palma Research Centre and he is in charge of communication and dissemination within the UNEXMIN project.
Entries by Luis Lopes
The UNEXMIN project kick-off meeting took place in Miskolc, Hungary on the 18th to 19th of February, 2016. Thirteen organisations from seven countries across Europe are collaborating in an ambitious project to develop a submersible robotic system for the surveying and exploration of flooded mines. The €5M project, funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 […]
Recently on UNEXMIN…
- UNEXMIN at the Raw Materials Week 2019 – a success story 25th November 2019
- The UX-1 robot will be presented at the Raw Materials Week 2019 13th November 2019
- The closure of the UNEXMIN H2020 project 31st October 2019
- UNEXMIN joins PIPEBOTS and ROBOMINERS for a Joint Workshop 18th October 2019
- Time to wrap up and share results 11th October 2019
I want to know about…
There are no upcoming events at this time.