The five sites used for testing the technology during the UNEXMIN project were:
- Kaatiala Mine, Finland (June 2018)
- Idrija Mine, Slovenia (September 2018)
- Urgeiriça Mine, Portugal (March/April 2019)
- Ecton Mine, UK (May 2019)
- Molnár János cave, Hungary (June/July 2019)
After testing in 4 flooded mine sites around Europe, as was according to plan, the team decided to add a new test site in the form of an underground cave system. This enabled the team to test the robotic capabilities of UX-1 in a different environment, further proving its operability and adaptability to different sites and even broading the applications of the technology.